Ten Tips which will help lease negotiations
- Most rent reviews are upward only but not all
- Check whether the rent review is based upon Open Market Rental value or RPI
- Tenants continue to pay the passing rent until the revised rent has formally been agreed
- Ensure time is ‘Not of the essence’ and time limits are adhered to strictly
- Check the various ‘user’ clauses within the lease
- Allow yourself time to negotiate
- Be aware of the market and recent comparable evidence before undertaking any negotiation
- Check Alienation provisions within the lease
- Ensure any offers made by either a Landlord or Tenant are on a ‘Without Prejudice’ basis
- Be aware of the Third Party procedures which will be set out in the lease
- Ensure any agreement is documented by way of Rent Review Memoranda
Have negotiations failed? We can help with dispute resolution.
Request a call back
Leave your name and number and we’ll call you for a no obligation chat about how we can help.
Get in touch
Please fill in the form and one of our rent review specialists will contact you for a no obligation conversation in the strictest of confidence.
You can also call us for us an immediate discussion without obligation or charge, with one of our rent review specialists, on 020 7487 4451